欢迎来到 苹果蓝号检测
全国咨询热线: 020-123456789
联系我们

地址:联系地址联系地址联系地址

电话:020-123456789

传真:020-123456789

邮箱:admin@aa.com

新闻中心
US condemns NK missile launch, reaffirms commitment to dialogue
  来源:苹果蓝号检测  更新时间:2024-06-16 23:25:07
People watch a TV report at Seoul Station,<strong></strong> Jan. 5, on North Korea's firing of a projectile toward the East Sea earlier in the day in the North's first show of force this year. Yonhap
People watch a TV report at Seoul Station, Jan. 5, on North Korea's firing of a projectile toward the East Sea earlier in the day in the North's first show of force this year. Yonhap

The United States condemned North Korea's recent missile launch as a violation of multiple U.N. Security Council resolutions and a threat to the international community, Wednesday (local time).

"The United States condemns the DPRK's ballistic missile launch. This launch is in violation of multiple UN Security Council Resolutions and poses a threat to the DPRK's neighbors and the international community," a state department spokesperson told Yonhap News Agency in an email.

DPRK stands for the Democratic People's Republic of Korea, the North's official name.

North Korea fired what appeared to be a ballistic missile into the East Sea, Wednesday, (KST), according to the U.S. Defense Department and the South Korean Ministry of National Defense.

The U.S. Indo-Pacific Command earlier said the launch did not pose an immediate threat to the U.S. or its allies.

"We are aware of the ballistic missile launch and are consulting closely with our allies and partners," it said in a statement.

"While we have assessed that this event does not pose an immediate threat to U.S. personnel or territory, or to our allies, the ballistic missile launch highlights the destabilizing impact of the DPRK's illicit weapons program," it added.

A State Department spokesperson said the U.S. remains committed to dialogue with the North.

"We remain committed to a diplomatic approach to the DPRK and call on them to engage in dialogue. Our commitment to the defense of the Republic of Korea and Japan remains ironclad," the spokesperson said.

Wednesday's missile launch marked the first of its kind by North Korea since October.

Pyongyang has maintained a self-imposed moratorium on nuclear and long-range ballistic missile testing since November 2017.

North Korea, however, has also boycotted denuclearization negotiations since 2019. (Yonhap)



Copyright © 2024 Powered by 苹果蓝号检测   sitemap